Sunday 14 February 2010

Charge of the Goddess 10th July 2005

Listen for the voice of the Silent Goddess,
She who speaks within you.
She who was Sulis. She who was Coventina and Nemetona,
She who was known by many other names
Now forgotten by the Children of Albion.

When you have need, come before me without bias.
I am there in the face of the Moon,
In the Dance of the Stars and the Cycle of the Year.
Know that you may see me in all things
But if you cannot find me within yourself
You will never find me without.

Heed the words I whisper to you,
Words of wisdom long past.
I shall bring forth memories, both old and new
Though you are bound to uncover their meaning alone.
Before me be your True Self unhindered and unjudged;
Free to dance, to sing, to make love and music,
To weep, to wail, to cry oaths and keep silence.
Know yourself as I know you
And stay true to what you find.

I am the circle of existence.
I am the gentle rain, the raging storm;
The bringer and taker of life.
I am all the joys and pains of living,
Revel in the privilege of this sacred venture
and learn from it all in my Honour

I am your Eternal Mother
I am Your Eternal Child.

Written by me 10th July 2005, based on Doreen Valiente's Charge of the Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment