Sunday 14 February 2010

Full Moon Ritual September 03, 2009

This evening I did a full moon ritual, it's not technically full till tomorrow but that's only the calendar's opinion ;)

I opened the circle using the one I wrote, it's in here somewhere, and I used an incense blend from Elen Hawke's In The Circle; lavender, sandalwood and rose petals. I dried some white rose petals earlier in the year and lavender grows in our garden too... not sure I could grow sandalwood though :P

After opening the circle I did an unplanned meditation, I lay back and relaxed...

...I woke in my inner meadow, a place I know well, my feet were dangling in the shallow stream and the stars twinkled up above while the bright moon cast silver shadows all around. I stood up and took in the view, soon I became aware of a trail of people, dressed in white, threading through the trees nearby. I joined them, excitement thrilled in the air, and hushed laughter echoed through the trees. We came out to a clearing where the stone circle stands in moonlit glory. We formed a circle within the stones and the dance began... the men stood firm, banging long staffs before them as they sang:

Hoof and horn, hoof and horn
All that dies will be reborn

The women wore small silver bells and we danced and twirled while they tinkled, winding in and out of the men, our dresses and hair streaming out behind us as we sang the harmony:

We are the flow, we are the ebb
We are the weavers, we are the web.

Round and round we danced, punctuated by the stomp of the men's staves... in the centre of the circle, next to the fire a glistening woman took form and I was drawn to her. She was a Mother, pregnant and beautiful, at once blonde with stars in her hair and then raven black so the stars shone like jewels, her complexion shifted to encompass all the colours of woman... we spoke about motherhood, how it is now beginning to appeal to me, I
know I want children but I'm not yet ready. This time last year I still wasn't sure about the child issue but now I am. I need to be able to look after myself properly first! I discussed my fears and feelings with the Goddess and when I was ready she sent me gently back to my circle...

Carefully I came back to myself and moved on to the next part of the ritual which I had taken from Marie Bruce's Witch's Almanac. I took two stones, one dark and one light. Two pieces of paper, one white, one black and a black pen and gold pen. On the white paper with the black pen I wrote down all those things in my life I wish to decrease and on the black paper with gold pen, all those things I want to increase. Once done I folded the papers in half and put either side of my altar, the white stone on the black paper, the dark stone on the white. They will stay there for three days at which point I will burn the papers and bury the dark stone, the white one will remain on my altar as a reminder.

I thanked the lord and lady and closed the circle. I came here immediately after clearing up and am now sitting under a contented cat who couldn't get in earlier, she's fallen asleep on my chest and is probably dribbling on my arm *happy sigh* I love my cat :)

On an another note, whenever I pick up my athame these days I get a shiver of delight-like feelings.. it's only since I cleansed it at beltane... this is a good sign yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment