Saturday 13 February 2010

Lesson 7 Exercise - Herbal Sachets

This evening I made some herbal sachets as prompted by the exercise in whatever lesson it is I'm doing now. *checks* Ah! Lesson 7 ;) I didn't just relay on the information given in the lesson though, I used Cunningham's book of Incenses oils and brews as well.

I decided on three, one for me, one for my fiancé and one for my Mother.

For my Mum I decided on a Happiness sachet for she has been under the weather of late.

For the pouch I chose a combination of colours, light pink for love and light blue for happiness. Two four inch squares set at right angles to each other so they formed a star shape. I then used a mug to draw a circle in the middle and cut little slits all around it so I could insert a ribbon (pink) and use it as a drawstring.

For the filling I chose:

Lavender
Saffron
Rose (oil)
Vanilla pod
Geranium (oil)
Jasmine (oil)

I wanted it to be sweet and floral as that's what mum likes.

Matthew wanted something to help him with concentrating so I chose a piece of yellow felt and a yellow ribbon. I wanted it to be fresh and zesty.

For the filling I chose:

Lavender
Lemongrass
Lemon Verbena
Peppermint (oil)
Lemon (zest)
Lemon (oil)
Copal

For myself, I wanted something to boost my sexual energy as the antidepressants I'm on have knocked it for six.

I chose a hot pink piece of felt and an orange ribbon. I wanted it warm and sweetly spicy.

For the filling I chose:

Corrinader leaf
Cumin (ground)
Ginger root
Cinnamon (ground)
Clove (whole)
Cardamom pod
Saffron
Orange (zest)
Vanilla pod
Patchouly (oil)
Jasmine (oil)
Dragon's blood
Copal

I wanted a complex fragrance with lots of sweet base notes.

I then charged the pouches by holding them and speaking with Sulis, asking for her blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment