Saturday 13 February 2010

Research Project 5 Create a Ritual

Ritual to Get Rid of Bad Habits and Increase Will Power

To be performed in a room that has been freshly cleaned, tidied and cleansed.

On the Altar are:

Athame
Wand
Chalice & fruit juice
Pentacle & rich esbat biscuits
Cauldron half filled with water
Salt and Water containers
Incense holders
Incense burner
Two black candles
Two pink candles
Eucalyptus oil
Rose Oil
Banishing Incense
Drawing Incense
Binding bracelets
Candles for illumination
Lighter

Also have available:

Drum
Singing bowl

Set up the altar, then take a shower using the method detailed on p21-22.

Ritual Shower

"Break the Habit herbal rinse" - Scot Cunningham

[copy right material, sorry you'll have to buy the book!]

For the actual shower have ready the infusion and the Eucalyptus rinse [also copy right!], also a trug (clean!) Wash as normal then sit on the chair (we have a wet room with shower chair, no bath) place feet in the trug, fill it with hot water from the shower and add the herbal infusion. Take a few calming breaths then ladle the trug water over yourself while concentrating on it absorbing all desires for the bad habit. When ready fold the trug down so the water empties away completely, taking the needs with it. When it has all gone, shower off the residue left on your skin then as a final rinse use the Eucalyptus infusion. Dry off with a clean towel.


Once dry the ritual can begin.

Cast the Circle

Light the altar candles and charcoal tab

Close your eyes and take a long slow breath in through the nose letting it fill your lungs completely then pause briefly before exhaling. Pause again before taking another breath and continue in this way for a little while, feeling yourself relax.

When ready use the athame to cleanse the water:

"I cleanse this water of all bane
Of pollution and of pain"

Then to bless the salt:

"I bless this salt that it be fain
To cleanse this circle here arcane"

Put a pinch of salt into the water and stir it then go sunwise around the cicle, starting in the east, sprinkling water as you go then over yourself as well. Next put a pinch of the banishing incense on the charcoal tab and take it around the cicle, east to west and again, when done, waft some over yourself as well. Lastly use the athame to cast the circle east to west.

Calling the Quarters

In the east use the athame to perform an invoking pentacle:

"I call upon the cunning Wren
You who beat the eagle when
You tricked him with your artful scheme
You whose eyes with wisdom gleam
Guardian of the sacred East
Power of the wind released
I ask you please to guard my rite"

And to the south:

"I call upon the lithesome Cat
Soul of firey passion that
Inspires us to creative heights
Peaks of rage and deep delights
Guardian of the sacred South
Power of the heart and mouth
I ask you please to guard my rite
And all that passes here tonight."

And to the West:

"I call upon the playful Otter
Wise and sleekit water wanderer
Intuition and emotion
Gifts from out the moonlit ocean
Guardian of the sacred West
Power of the sea expressed
I ask you please to guard my rite
And all that passes here tonight."

And to the North:

"I call upon the noble Stag
Lord of glen and mountain crag
Crowned with antlers proud you stand
Known of old throughout the land
Guardian of the sacred North
Power of the earth called forth
I ask you please to guard my rite
And all that passes here tonight."

The Circle is cast.

Use whatever percussive instruments you wish to raise energy while singing:

"Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath and
Fire my spirit"

When ready invite the Lord and Lady, hold up the wand and say....

(here I made it up on the spot and can no longer remember what I said)

State the purpose of the ritual:

"We wish to rid ourselves of our bad habits and negative patterns and we wish to increase our self esteem and will power. To that end we will dedicate our bracelets and use them to bind ourselves to a more healthy lifestyle. This is our intention."

More banishing incense on the burner

Use the eucalyptus oil to anoint the black candles from the centre out to each end. While doing so think of all the bad habits etc you wissh to be rid of. Hold the candle and pour it all into it

"As I light this candle here
So I recognise my fear
As the flame consumes the wax
So the fear that binds me cracks
As the candle flame is drowned
Sol I'll find myself unbound"

Chant for as long as wanted.

Fix the candle to the bottom of the cauldron so the water comes half way up the candle. Then light them and repeat the spell.

Scrape the remains of the banishing incense off the tab and replace it eith the drawing incense. Chand and/or drum to raise energy.

Use the rose oil to anoint the pink candles from the ends to the centre. While doing so concentrate on drawing on positive images.

Hold the candle and chant:

"As I light this candle here
So my fortune I will steer
As the candle starts to burn
So my luck will start to turn
As the wax begins to run
So my healing has begun"

Fix the candles into the holders and light them, repeat the spell with conviction.

Chant and/or drum to raise energy.

Take up the bracelets and cleanse them through the four elements. Hold them and visualise all the good traits, all the ideals we hold, our good intentions, our aspirations and fill the bracelets with that energy.

Wrap the bracelet round your wrist and partially tie it.

"On the charm are runes that bind
Strength and peace to heart and mind
Through the stones the magic flows
With it my intention grows
By the knot that seals the spell
So I bind my will as well."

Tie the knot securely when you have chanted enough. Really visualise the intent when you tie the knowt.

It is now time to partake of food and drink.

Break a biscuit and offer it to your partner with the words:

"You are my Lord/Lady
May you never hunger"

Wait for your partner to repeat the offer then offer the chalice with the words:

"You are my Lord/Lady
May you never thirst"

~~~~~ RELAX! ~~~~~

It is now time to open the circle.

Thank the Lord and Lady for their presence.

Banish the elements as usual and feel the circle fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment